Our role today as parents is more important than ever before. The Bible has several passages related to our role to our children as well as their responsibility to us. Proverbs 22:6 says” train up a child in the way he should go and when he is old he will not depart from it.” Ephesians 6:4 says …” and now a word to you parents. Don’t make your children angry by the way you treat them. Rather, bring them up with the discipline and instruction approved by the Lord.”
Here are a few statistics that can be very sobering as well as further reinforcement of the difficult times we live in.
- 35% of high school students have drunk some amount of alcohol in the past month
- 62% of high school seniors have had sexual intercourse
- Over the course of their lifetime, 28% of children 14-17 had been sexually victimized
- Suicide is the second leading cause of death among adolescents
- One-half of all children will suffer the loss of a parent through death separation or Divorce by age 18
Pretty scary stuff right!?
I know we all can feel like this is easier said than done. I thinkContinue Reading